Friday, March 19, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
The LORD will guide you always.
Isaiah 58:10

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Proverb 3:5-6

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.
John 16:13

TODAY’S THOUGHT
Have you ever watched a guide dog at work? It’s amazing to think a dog can be trained to lead a visually impaired person around through heavy traffic, through winding and turning walking paths, and even in the confines of the home. Well, we need a guide to get us through the mountains and valleys of this life. We need a guide to lead us through the difficult times and when we seem lost and all is hopeless. Isaiah promises that God will be our guide. In the book of John, Jesus promised that He will give us the Holy Spirit to be our guide. The Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth. And in the wilderness, truth is King! There is no room for error; you need the truth to guide you every step of the way. So, where are you today? Where are you going? How will you get there? You need the Holy Spirit to be your guide. Proverbs warns us not to lean on our own understanding but to acknowledge our need for God. Come to God today and ask Him to lead you. Surrender to His guidance and let Him direct your paths.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Lord, You know how I need You to direct my path today. I can’t do it by myself. I surrender to you and ask that you would lead me through the power of the Holy Spirit. Guide me, direct me, lead me this day. In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior ~Amen.