Monday, September 6, 2010

Devotions

Isaiah 49:13 - 16 (NIV)

13 Shout for joy, O heavens;
rejoice, O earth;
burst into song, O mountains!
For the LORD comforts his people
and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

14 But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me,
the Lord has forgotten me."

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.

ON THE PALM OF YOUR HAND you write my name, O God.
Through the pages of creation, my life unfolds.
In the chambers of your heart, I have a home, O God,
where every cry is heard, every tear seen,
every thanks
whispered in the dark or sung to the morning
is known to you.
And still, I am slow to thank, to ask, to trust.
O God, who is great and good,
help me to pray.
Amen.


From p. 72, The Awkward Season: Prayers for Lent by Pamela C. Hawkins. Copyright © 2009 by Pamela C. Hawkins.

A friend suggested I try my hand at this blog again.  Not every day, she said, but just give it a try.  So here it is with much help and inspiration from today's Upper Room Reflection.
 
My own prayer:
 
Abba, Father... help me to draw closer to You and to stay in the circle of Your light.  Even through the anger, the fear, and the depths of depression, may I seek to find my name written on Your palm.
~Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect!!! Just what I needed to hear!!! Thank you with all my heart, Tamara!! Have missed you! So glad you'll try it again...even if part time!!! Love, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.