Saturday, October 9, 2010

Devotions

John 1:16 (New International Version)

16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.



A Prayer for a Busy Life

“GOD OF THE GOOD NEWS, in the fullness of my life, empty me of distractions. Still my busyness. Quiet my chatter. Sing your song of grace to me until the tune rings in the core of my being and my life resonates with your good news.”


- Alive Now

From ALIVE NOW(R) magazine, November/December 2000, copyright (c) 2000 by The Upper Room, p. 36. All Rights Reserved.

I haven't been around for a bit.  I've been waiting for the Hubs to give birth to a 7mm kidney stone.  OUCH!  This past Monday he did have an ultra-sound procedure to "smash" the item.  He has had no problems since and is passing the equivalant of sand.  He has not had to use the pain medication.  He will be seeing the urologist for a follow up visit, but my humble opinion is that all is going well!  Please remember him in your prayers.
 
Also, my friend Roxanne's mother is having some serious medical concerns and issues.  She is hospitalized and they are in the testing mode.  Please keep Joyce in prayer.
 
Peace to you and your house,
Tamara

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of your husband as he recovers from the aftermath of the kidney stone. I have had (passed) two of them...and have one 'in waiting' now. :)) I do sympathize with him...with all my heart. My prayers for Roxanne's Mother will be in my heart and lifted to the Lord. Please, take care of you, Tamara. Thank you for your beautiful devotional. I love you....Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm checking on your Husband...hoping that he is feeling better....and I also wanted you to know that I am praying for Joyce.
    Love,
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing praying....sending hugs and love to you....
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for both your husband and Joyce!!! Lots on your plate right now...a beautiful prayer you've left us here, though...and I thank you with all my heart!!! Love you, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.