Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Path of Grace

Words have been few. Writing has been sparse. Emotions are raw.

The path of grace is never straight...it is convoluted with twists and turns, joys and sorrows and of late, a piercing quietness.

My devotional read, "Heaven knows no difference between Sunday morning and Wednesday afternoon. God longs to speak as clearly in the workplace as He does in the sanctuary. He longs to be worshiped when we sit at the dinner table and not just when we come to the communion table." ~from The Great House of God, by Max Lucado.

Yes… yes… the Holy Spirit speaks through the words of others, pierces my heart. May it ever be tender and pliant to Your touch, to Your leading. Bless me with the gift of discernment, if only for a brief time, that I may know, truly know where you are leading.

St. John of the Cross wrote extensively about “the dark night of the soul.” He said, If a man wishes to be sure of the road he’s traveling on, then he must close his eyes and travel in the dark. 

He also said, God has to work in the soul in secret and in darkness because if we fully knew what was happening, and what Mystery, transformation, God and Grace will eventually ask of us, we would either try to take charge or stop the whole process. 

…try to take charge or stop the whole process. Indeed.

David wrote in Psalm 13: 1-3 
How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
   How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
   and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
   How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
   Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.