Monday, May 4, 2009

Today's Devotional Scripture

These commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life. ~Proverbs 6:23 NIV

What is your waking routine? Coffee? Shower? Going for a walk? Daily Devotions? Making a "To Do" list? Perhaps it's all or part of the above. Some mornings getting out of bed and just putting one foot in front of the other seems to be a major accomplishment.

It used to be that I liked to stay in bed until the last minute. However, when we relocated across country I suddenly found myself to be a morning person. It seemed as if I'd gained some extra hours to my day with the added bonus of getting to watch the Arizona Sunrise!

Mostly, I think it's just knowing ourselves, our limitations and our personal expectations. We should study our habits and patterns and see what it is that gets us off the starting line and heading into the new day.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift and that is perhaps why we call it the present!

Have a great day,
~Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.