Saturday, May 9, 2009

Today's Devotional Scripture

The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever. ~Psalm 138:8 NIV

Most days are merely ordinary, ho-hum days. Getting up in the morning, going to work, coming home, doing the chores, eating, sleeping, watching television, and then starting all over again the next day. Do you, like me, ever wonder what your purpose in life is? If, when it is all said and done, will your life or my life have made a difference?

Fortunately, God is the author and artist of the "big picture" that is our life. Today, we only see the little piece of the puzzle but someday my Friend, we will see the entire picture as God reveals to us the mystery of our lives and the impact we may have had upon others, good or bad.

The key is being available and open to God. My husband has a saying he's adopted: "God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called." For so very many years of my Christian walk I didn't "get involved" in ministry opportunities. Frankly, my self-talk was "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..." I felt that so many things in my life were out of control, how could I be involved in ministering to others?

The Lord showed me that it wasn't about me - but only about me being available to do what He has asked. To be transparent enough to show how Christ can transform a life. Oh... not all the ugly, sordid details perhaps, but that I once was lost and now I'm found.

So that is my prayer this morning: "Abba, Father - open my heart and my mind that I might fulfill your purpose this day. Pour your Spirit into this clay vessel and allow me to be used of You this day. ~Amen"

I hope your weekend is blessed!
~Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.