Thursday, January 21, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
“I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.”
Psalms 16:8

TODAY’S THOUGHT
As a child I was afraid of going down to the basement by myself. Actually, we called it the cellar and it was dark, it was damp and dank and it was creepy. Yet that is where my mom and grandmother stored the canned vegetables from the garden. Often I would be asked to go and get a can of veggies and bring it upstairs. Once, after my brother turned off the lights on me, I was really frightened. I remember standing still, holding my breath and listening for the sounds of my family from upstairs. It seemed all that I could hear was the sound of my own heart pounding in my chest. I waited until my eyes had adjusted to the darkness, found the requested can of vegetables and headed back upstairs. I was determined that in my fear, I would not let my brother know how afraid I had been!


 
David knew about darkness, too. He was a lonely shepherd, out many nights taking care of the sheep. But he knew the secret to overcoming the fear of the dark. He wrote, “I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.”

 
Today you can have that same assurance. Acknowledge His presence. Spend time with Him and allow Him to guide you throughout this day. He truly is right beside you.

 
TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, I thank you that you are with me. Help me today to be keenly aware of your presence. Guide me, direct me and make me conscious that you are always at my side. ~Amen


~Tamara




1 comment:

  1. He has been with me. What would I do without Him. I don't even want to begin to think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.