Monday, February 1, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.”
Psalms 19:14

TODAY’S THOUGHT
It is so easy to fall into a habit of deceit. It is easy to say what people want to hear. We use half truths, never saying what is really on our mind. It is easy to “promise” with all sincerity and yet never take the steps necessary to follow-through. We cover one missed deadline with another. We say, “tomorrow” but tomorrow never comes. I find this happens the most when I am trying to be a people pleaser and the words coming out of my mouth don’t match the thoughts going on in my heart. If we are going to be honest with others; if we are going to “do” what we say; if we are going to stop covering one lie with another, then we are going to have to change the way we think. We will have to ask God to take over our mind, emotions and will. He will have to be the master of all we think and do. The great news is we can start today. Today we can come to God and start to meditate on what He wants us to do. We can bring Him all our emotions and thoughts. We can be honest with Him and then let Him be honest with us. As we do, He will begin to affect our behavior. Today ask God to invade your mind and guide your meditation. Pray with David, “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.”

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, you know what goes on in my mind. You know my meditations, thoughts and emotions. You know how far off base I can get. You know how I can become so unspiritual in my thought life. Help me Lord! Correct my thinking. Help me Lord be the person you want on the inside. I pray today that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart will be pleasing to you.  ~Amen

~Tamara

1 comment:

  1. I would rather someone tell me what they really think...or not say anything at all. To me, there is no half truth. It's either truth, or it's not. Thank you for a reminder that's not gentle...but one I need to hear. Thank you for your prayers, Tamara.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.