Friday, February 19, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
“Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Remember, O LORD, your compassion and unfailing love.”
Psalms 25:4-6

TODAY’S THOUGHT
Life is a journey. We are not settlers in this world. Heaven is our final destination. Instead we are called to go through life as an ambassador of heaven, a soldier in God’s army, a sojourner commanded to give away God’s peace and love. And the journey can get messy. That’s why it’s so important to learn to navigate, to solve problems and to discern what to do next. David is crying out that God would direct his path. But notice that it is a special kind of leading. He said, “Lead me by your truth and teach me.” Jesus said that truth would set us free. So much of our hardships, misdirection and hurts in this life are due to deception and denial. We need to pray that God would show us the truth and then teach us through each experience. This is how we develop our faith and hope in Him. They are learned behaviors that God imparts as we are led by His Spirit in each situation we find ourselves. Life is a process. We succeed and make progress by learning. David learned to put his hope in God and trusted that God’s compassion and love would not fail. That is what we need to do. May God lead you by His truth today and point out the road for you to follow. May He teach you more about the depths of His compassion and unfailing love.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, I need Your guidance today. Show me what road to follow. Guide me by Your truth and teach me to trust You. I put my hope in You and your compassionate unfailing love ~Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.