Monday, March 1, 2010

Today's Devotional Scripture

TODAY’S VERSE
“Jesus replied, ‘Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.’ – The woman left her water jar beside the well and ran back to the village, telling everyone, ‘Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?’ So the people came streaming from the village to see him.”
John 4:13-14, 28-29

TODAY’S THOUGHT
What a beautiful picture God is painting for us. Here is a woman who is coming to the well for water during the heat of the day. She may have been an outcast for why else come alone in the heat? Why not come early in the cool of the morning with the other women? Regardless, she comes for water for her physical thirst and Jesus offers her water for her spiritual thirst. Water that quenches our real thirst. And she gets it! So much so, that she leaves the water at the well and runs and tells everyone in the village about Jesus and how she thinks He might be the Messiah. Today, what is it that your heart thirsts for? Is to be heard and understood? Is it to be affirmed or blessed? Do you want to be loved? Do you need to be forgiven? Perhaps you long to be included or to be chosen? Perhaps it is just to be safe? Whatever the longing of your heart, Jesus has the living water that can quench your thirst. His love for you is the living water you have been looking for. Come to Him today. Drink of His love, forgiveness, understanding, affirmation and blessing. When you do, you too will be telling everyone, “Come and see this Jesus who knows me and quenches the thirst of my soul.”

TODAY’S PRAYER
Oh Lord, You know the longings of my heart. You know my needs, my fears, and my desires. I come to you today to be filled. Fill me with your living water. May I be Your vessel, wholly and totally Yours. Then pour Your Holy Spirit into this vessel, this pot. Then fracture it, crack it, so that Your Spirit flows out and comes into contact with those all about.  Come dear Lord and quench the desires of my heart. In Jesus Name I pray ~Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post.
    And I pray that the desires of my heart be God's desires for me and my family.
    And I pray that your wants, needs, and desires be in God's Plan for you and yours.

    "The Lord Is Good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in Him." ~ Nahum 1:7

    "Cast your worries to the Lord, and He will take care of you. He will never let the good people down." ~ Psalm 55:22

    "If our problems are large enough to vex and endanger our welfare, they are large enough to touch God's Heart of Love." ~ Reuben A. Torrey

    "God delights to meet the Faith of one who looks up to Him and says,'Lord, You know I cannot do this - but I believe that You can!'" ~ Amy Carmichael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara,
    The post today was wonderful. It
    really touched my heart, brought
    tears. When we stop and read such
    truths from His word, how can we
    not be overwhelmed with His love
    and care for us. Beautiful.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so thankful that He quenches our thirst and satisfies our hunger.

    I saw your comment on rebeccas blog and want you to know that I am praying for your grandson.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.