Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
“But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.”
Jeremiah 17:7

TODAY’S THOUGHT
It is one thing to say we trust someone but it is another to put confidence in them. A famous tightrope walker was going to cross Niagara Falls with a person in a wheelbarrow. He asked the crowd watching, “How many think I can make it with a person in the wheelbarrow to the other side? Most of the people rose their hands. Then he asked, “Who will sit in the wheelbarrow?” No one volunteered. How many times has God said to us, “How many believe I can supply all your needs?” “How many think I love you and will help you overcome your struggles?” We quickly raise our hand and say, “Yes, Lord I believe.” But when struggles come, when doubt raises its ugly head, when God brings the wheelbarrow and says, “Jump in”, we slither to the back of the crowd. True trust, true faith is acted out in hope and confidence. Might we go forth this day trusting in God. Might we have all the faith we need to sit in the wheelbarrow. If anyone can get you to the other side it is God your Father.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, help me put my faith in You. Help me trust You, really trust You. Help me have real confidence in Your resurrection power and hope in Your undying love for me  ~Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.