Thursday, March 25, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
The one thing I ask of the LORD, the thing I seek most, is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD’s perfections and meditating in his Temple. – My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." And my heart responds, "LORD, I am coming."
Psalms 27:4, 8
Acts 13:22
TODAY’S THOUGHT
David was a shepherd boy who knew and loved God. One day he brought lunch to his brothers in battle. While there he became outraged at the insults against God that the giant Goliath was making. No one stood up to the giant so he volunteered. There He stood, armor to sling, against the giant and won the day. Because of David’s heart toward God, God called David to be King of all Israel. And a great King he was. But more than a King, David remained a man that sought after the heart of God. I can imagine David in his palace, a long way from the cold nights in the fields with the sheep, wishing he was back in the fields with the stars in the sky, playing his harp and worshiping God. How his heart cried out, “I want to live in the house of the Lord, delighting in Him!” And that is what he did. His heart was the house of God and he wrote the Psalms as a offering of praise to His God. God would invite us to do the same. What is your heart? Is it a home for God? Is it a Temple of praise and thanksgiving? If not, it can be. Like David, God comes to you and says, “Come and talk with me.” When He does, how do you respond? Do you respond like David and say “Lord, I am coming.” Or do you let the request pass and say, “Another time Lord, I will meet with you tomorrow. For most, tomorrow never comes. God longs to say of you what He said of David. Will you let Him? Today you can begin to be a “person after God’s own heart”.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, You have bid me to come to You. I am coming even now.

Like David, I want to be a person after Your own heart. I come today and ask You to cleanse my heart. Take my heart and make it Your home so I can know You, love You, worship You and live for You this very day. In Jesus Name ~Amen
But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, "I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.”