Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Autumn's Leaves

AUTUMN GOD, the planet turns
and the earth signals a change.
Open me to the transitions I need to face in my own life.
Be with me in the letting go,
the saying good-bye
to habits, relationships, and plans
that stand in your way of growing.
Deepen my trust that as I let go,
like the falling leaves,
I will always fall into your embrace. Amen.

- Larry Peacock
Openings

From p. 303 of Openings: A Daybook of Saints, Psalms, and Prayer by Larry James Peacock. Copyright © 2003 by Larry James Peacock. All rights reserved.

It’s cold in Arizona this morning. It is 34 degrees. I’d venture to say that the season has finally changed. It was so warm on Monday – high 80’s and today’s high is anticipated to be 68 degrees.


As I re-read Larry Peacock’s words, I am reminded of the transitions I face in my life. Today my prayer is that I let go and say good-bye to estabished habits that I need to be rid of, relationships that are toxic and those things that stand in the way of growth. May I trust fully that when I fall into His embrace, I will be caught. ~Amen!


~Tamara

2 comments:

  1. Tamara, this is PERFECT for where I am right now in my journey!!! I LOVE it!!! Thank you with all my heart!!! I'm just out visiting a few of my favorite friends today...and I'm soo glad!!! God sent me here!!! Love you!!! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful Tamara. Changing seasons do bring to mind life transitions. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.