Monday, May 21, 2012

The Winery


Coronado Winery, Willcox AZ

John 15: 1-8

New King James Version

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.


This weekend was our 33rd Anniversary. To observe said occasion, we decided to travel to a nearby winery for tasting and dinner. Much to our dismay, the winery was operating on limited staff and didn't mention in their online brochure that dinner wasn't served on Sundays. There were kind enough to point us in the direction of the community for the Annual Wine Tasting Event. So we drove there and had a time seeing the various winery displays and wines. For $10.00 one received a wine glass and six tickets to 'taste' various wines.

It was fun and interesting. They had local groups playing music (jazz in particular and my favorite!). The weather was quite warm, so we didn't stay outside too long - mid to high 90's already.  Frankly, I wasn't aware there were to many winery's in the SE section of Arizona. It reminded me of the scripture from from John 15. 

Pardon me? Is my fruit showing? Or is it that time of year for pruning?

Have a wonderful week!

Tamara

10 comments:

  1. Well it was something new and I didn't know there were winery's in Arizona either. I bet you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have fun. Winery's are relatively new in Arid-zona!

      Delete
  2. Well Congratulations on your Anniversary Tamara! It sounds as though you had a nice time together. I would like to have a day alone with my husband, anniversary or not!
    I haven't been to a winery but here in Southern Illinois we have many, believe it or not. There is a wine trail. We drove it once while sightseeing but never went inside any of them. But it was a good day.
    I love Jazz too. It's one of my favorites!
    I hope you were able to eat somewhere along the way.
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place we wanted to eat was closed :( so we went somewhere else. They didn't have too much food to offer at the wine tasting festival and trust me... you would need it. Each of us only used three of six tickets!

      Delete
  3. Oh Tamara, 33 years - how wonderful! So pleased to had a beautiful day. We live in the Hunter Valley, famous for its wineries. Many of my family and friends who stay with us just love it as they can visit and taste and stock up! It's a bit lost on me as I don't drink 'anything' and only because it makes me sick! Everyone says its a "terrible waste" me living where I do :)))
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow Tail was a brand from down under that I'd purchased for a bit. Then I felt bad and started to support the American brands again! I don't drink a lot, but every once in awhile I like a glass of it... and the cardiologist said wine was good for the heart - in moderation. He also said that about dark chocolate too!

      Delete
  4. Oh! PS PS, just love you new-look blog, its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun event! my son is taking his new bride
    to a vineyard for their honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're thinking of getting tickets for this weekend's event - string quartet and wine tasting. Sounds promising!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.