Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Today's Devotional Scripture

A friend loves you all the time. ~Proverbs 17:17 NCV


Isn't that the truth? Well, at least we hope it's the truth! But in all honesty, there are just some friends who are "more loving" than others. They seem to love us inspite and dispite all of our warts and flaws. When we say something ugly, instead of repeating it, they take a breath of kindness and blow it away. Far, far away.

It often seems that these very same friends are the ones who champion the "under dogs". If someone is bad mouthing someone else, they gently remind us that we haven't walked in that person's shoes, so how could we know or understand where they are coming from or their perspective on the current subject of conversation.

I love friends like that. They pull me back into reality with their gentleness and kindness. When I grow up, I want to be just like them. There's also something else about them... I know my name is "safe in their mouths."

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post and I noticed that you have a new little picture on the side.

    If you go into your layout and click on add a gadget/widget, you can get lots of Christian pictures too.

    blessings on you,
    marcy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.