Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.”
Ephesians 6:10


TODAY’S THOUGHT
We need strength. Perhaps you're suffering with chronic pain, struggling to pay the bills, arguing with your teenage daughter, feeling discouraged about your job, or rocking from a ruined relationship. All of us have a story. None of us goes unscathed. But we do not have to bear our sorrows alone and afraid. We don’t have to be helpless victims. Instead Paul ends Ephesians with this word, “Finally, be strong.” Be strong. The presence of a resilient attitude, a hopeful spirit, a resolve to never give up, to fight, to hang on. But how? How can we get the strength we need? Listen to how Paul finishes his verse. “Be strong in the LORD and in His mighty strength.” What a difference a few words can make. We can be strong in His strength. It is mighty strength. It is loving strength. It is your strength. Like a child is carried in the strength of his father’s arms, so let God carry your burden today. Today be strong, but not in yourself. Be strong in the Lord and His mighty power!

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, you told me to be strong. You know I need to. But I confess Lord, I have tried to be strong in my own power not yours. I need your power. I need you. Please take my burdens. Help me today to be strong in You and Your mighty power. ~Amen


~Tamara

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tamara,
    God's strength is amazing, and I believe for me it came from the prayers of those who have been praying for me. Amazing Grace, thats for sure...Love your post, and thankyou so much for sharing the Word with us each day. So uplifting!!! ((((HUGS and BLESSINGS))) T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    I know many, many times in my life, it is only His Strength that has gotten my through!

    Happy New Year!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking a deep, deep breath and soaking in the encouragement of this wonderful post!! I'm carrying this with me for the days ahead!! Thank you, Tamara!!! Always an encouraging word here!!! God bless you for it! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.