Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
II Corinthians 10:5


“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
Philippians 4:8

TODAY’S THOUGHT
I'm sure you've heard the saying, “You are what you eat.” I think in reality we are more like what we think.” Thoughts, whether conscience or on a more hidden level, affect the way we feel, perceive reality, act or react. Thoughts help create our moods, attitudes and beliefs. Anger, jealously, pride, envy, sadness, rebellion, these and many other negative emotions or behaviors have their root in the way we think. That is why it is so important to be aware and take responsibility for our thoughts. Paul instructs us to consider our mind in a Spiritual war. We are to demolish any rouge thoughts that set itself up against Godly thinking. We are to take our thoughts captive and put it through a Godly filter so it becomes the way He would have us think. Paul also gives us a list of the kinds of thoughts we should dwell on. We should dwell on thoughts that are noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy. We have a choice, we can rule our thoughts or we can let them rule us. Today, let Jesus be the Lord of your thought life. Let Him help you with the way you think.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, I bring you my mind and my sub-conscious mind. Help me bring all my thoughts into the light of Your Holy Spirit. Today, Dear Lord, help me dwell on thoughts that are noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy. In Jesus Name ~Amen!


~Tamara

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with your post Tamara. I truly try to live my life this way...positive thoughts go a long way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.