Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Today's Devotional Scripture

TODAY’S VERSE
“I will ask the Father, and he will give you another counselor, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth.”
John 14:16

TODAY’S THOUGHT
Can you imagine someone knocking on your door and giving you a check for a hundred million dollars? Think of all you could do with that. How tragic would it be if you thanked the person, closed the door and put the check on your dresser top and never used it? Never helped anyone, never bettered your own situation. Instead, you live a meager existence, paycheck to paycheck, and die a pauper. We would shake our head and mutter, “What a shame to waste such a resource.” And yet, what must God the Father think of what we have done with the precious gift of His Holy Spirit? Jesus asked the Father to give us a counselor who will never leave us and lead us into all truth, and He has. You and I, when we became a child of God, received His Holy Spirit into our life and yet we barely know this third part of the Trinity. When have we ever asked the Holy Spirit to fill us, guide us or lead us into truth? We have been given Spiritual Gifts but do we know what they are or how they work? How much time have we spent contemplating how to cultivate the “fruit of the Spirit” in our life? God has indwelled us with the person of the Holy Spirit. Might we seek to understand more about this treasure that God has given us.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Forgive me for not knowing more about Him. Forgive me for not living in His power. Oh Holy Spirit, I ask that you would make me conscious of your presence in my life. Teach me, guide me, fill me and lead me into all truth. I give You control of my life and pray that You would produce Your fruit in my life and activate the Spiritual Gifts that You have given me. I pray this in Jesus Name ~Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.