Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today's Devotional Scripture

TODAY’S VERSE
“You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever!”
Psalms 30:11-12

TODAY’S THOUGHT
We go through seasons. Good times, bad times, times of sorrow and times of joy. I have clinical depression and this passage from Psalms has brought me comfort many times. I identified with David when he wrote in this same passage, “I cried out to you, O LORD. I begged the Lord for mercy.” I knew that God knew what I was going through so I claimed that He would turn my mourning into joyful dancing. I took comfort when David wrote, “Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.” Through time, prayer, and counseling, the Lord did bring me to the other side. What are you mourning? What has broken your heart? What has you depressed or distraught? Bring it to Him today. I would not trifle with your sorrow. I would not minimize your pain. I only come today to offer hope. Only God can turn your mourning into dancing. That may seem so far from where you are right now, but it is not too far for God. Light slowly penetrates the back of a dark cave. The sound of laughter at camp ground seems so faint when you are in the back side of the forest. But know this, there is light for you. There will be joy for you in the morning. I pray that God’s grace will fill you with this truth and complete a healing process in you.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Dear Father, I don’t even know how to pray for my sorrow, for my depression. I don’t know how to release the deep pain I feel. I come today crying out for your mercy. I thank you that weeping may last into the night but joy will come in the morning. Holy Spirit, I give you my heart, mend it, bring it back to life with your breath of love. Please begin a process in me to turn my mourning into dancing. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to hear that the Lord
    has been restoring joy to you again,
    having brought you through that
    darkness into His marvelous light!
    He never fails us.
    Blessings to you, Tamara.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.