Thursday, February 25, 2010

Today's Devotional Scripture

TODAY’S VERSE
“Listen to my prayer for mercy as I cry out to you for help, as I lift my hands toward your holy sanctuary.” – “Praise the LORD! For he has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.”
Psalms 28:2, 7-8

TODAY’S THOUGHT
David knew what it was like to be tormented. He knew the pain that comes with great need. He experienced difficulties that had no escape short of the mercy of an Almighty God. David came to God and cried out for mercy. That was the beginning of today’s passage. Verses later David is praising God. God had heard his cry for mercy. As David faces his situation we see that God becomes his strength and protection. David is comforted and decides to trust God with all his heart. The result is a deep spiritual joy. Notice that God did not take David out of his situation. David still faced his situation but instead of doing it on his own, God provided the strength that he needed. God protected David like a shield. David still had to choose to trust God but it was trust based on the very presence of God in his life. Do you have a story similar to David? Are there times when you need to cry out to God for His mercy? Rest assured He hears you. You too can praise God for He will be your strength. He will be your shield. You can trust Him with your situation. When you do, you too will experience the deep joy that can only come from Him.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, I come to You today asking for Your mercy in my life. I thank You for hearing my cry and offering me Your strength and shield. I accept this promise and put my all my trust in You. Thank You that I will not be disappointed. Fill my heart with a deep joy today so that I too will burst out with thanksgiving. In Jesus name I pray ~Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.