Friday, February 5, 2010

Today's Devotional

Psalm 1 (New Living Translation)

1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.
2 But they delight in the law of the LORD,
meditating on it day and night.
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.
4 But not the wicked!
They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind.
5 They will be condemned at the time of judgment.
Sinners will have no place among the godly.
6 For the LORD watches over the path of the godly,
but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.

Oh Lord, my God, what joy, what bliss there is in not following after the crowd, or slandering my brothers and sisters. If I do become a follower of anyone and anything, may it be after You, O Lord. May I seek to know You better by reading Your Word. May I be deeply planted in You and in my faith. May I find refreshment and renewal in Your Word.

May I be ever mindful that I should fellowship with the believers, with those who are Godly. Watch over me, I pray and keep my feet firmly planted upon the Word.

In Jesus’ name I pray ~Amen!



Dear Friends,


I thought it might be interesting to take a Psalm and then attempt to paraphrase the Psalm in my own words as a prayer for the day. So now I would like to encourage each of you to read the Psalms any one of them and then try to write them / it out in your very own words as a prayer.

Hugs to you all,

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.