Monday, February 8, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
“Tell Aaron and his sons to bless the people of Israel with this special blessing: ‘May the LORD bless you and protect you. May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you. May the LORD show you his favor and give you his peace.’ Whenever Aaron and his sons bless the people of Israel in my name, I myself will bless them.”
Numbers 6:22-27

TODAY’S THOUGHT
You probably recognize these verses as a Doxology that is sometimes given at the end of a worship service. It was really given to Moses from God Himself so he could bless the children of Israel. I pray the same for you today: May you have the assurance that God will bless you and protect you. May you sense the smile of God deep in your heart, and experience His graciousness to you. May the very favor of God Almighty fill you with strength. May knowing how He loves you and wants to bless you give you all the peace you will need to get you through this day. Know this, God Himself loves you so much and He is the one who will bless you this day!  ~Amen!

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, who am I that You would bless me? And yet, You have said that it is Your desire to do so. So, Lord bless me today. Bless me till my heart overflows with the realization that I am Yours and You are mine! Thank you, dear Father. In Jesus’ name I pray  ~Amen!

Tamara

2 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful, full of a blessed feeling and reassuring...makes me want to go through with trying to have the washer empty into the garbage can again (hope springs eternal)!

    blessings and thanks,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smile of God deep in your
    heart...what a glorious thought!
    Thanks, Tamara. You brightened
    my day!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.