Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
“If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person? Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.”
I John 3:17-18

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”
John 13:34

TODAY’S THOUGHT
It is harder to “walk our talk” than to “talk our walk.” We can say all we want about how loving we are, but the real proof is in our actions. If God’s love is a motivating force in our life, then helping others is going to be a natural by-product. Christians have lost much of their witness because we have not helped the poor and needy to the best of our ability. Sure our budgets are tight, but then look at what we spend our money on. Expensive cars, homes, furnishings, hobbies, entertainment and food all take their toll on our annual budget. Downsizing will allow us to have discretionary income that we can help others with. We are God’s ambassadors. If we are going to represent Him in this world, then we need to be able to be compassionate toward those that He brings across our path. John says it best, “let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.” Ask God to bring someone across your path today that you can help – either materially or spiritually.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, You have blessed me with so much. Help me to be wise with the resources You have given me so I can be compassionate to those whom You bring across my path. Even today Lord, show me someone that I can be compassionate toward. Might there be no doubt that Your love dwells in me. In Jesus’ name I pray ~Amen!

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.