Thursday, February 11, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
Isaiah 43:2

“And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:20

TODAY’S THOUGHT
The difference between Christianity the religion and Christianity the lifestyle is the personal application of Biblical truth. We take His word personally. When God says, “I will be with you,” it is not a religious phrase, it is a reality that brings us comfort, strength and hope. When there was a famine in the land, God told Isaac to stay in the land for “I will be with you”. When Jacob was in danger, God told him to return to his home land and said, “I will be with you”. When God commissioned Moses to lead His people out of Egypt, Moses shared how he felt that he was incompetent. God said to do it anyway because, “I will be with you”. When God asked Joshua to take over for Moses and lead the people into the Promised Land, He told Joshua, “As I was with Moses, so I will be with you.” God asked Gideon to lead His people into battle and Gideon was afraid and asked God, “How can I rescue Israel?” God said, “I will be with you” When Jesus was leaving earth to return to God’s right hand and commissioned the Church to make disciples, He promised, “I will be with you always.”

Life has its trials. God has commissioned us to serve Him. The tasks may be difficult. We may face trials, temptations and struggles but take comfort in this, even today, God is with you. He will never, never, never leave you or forsake you.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, thank You for Your ever abiding presence. Thank You for the comfort I find in the fact that You are with me. Today, make me keenly aware that nothing can separate me from You. Help my heart be filled with faith in the reality that You will never leave me or forsake me. In Jesus’ name I pray ~Amen!

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.