Monday, March 8, 2010

Today's Devotional Scripture

TODAY’S VERSE
“When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, ‘I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.’ And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.”
Psalms 32:3-5

TODAY’S THOUGHT
David paints an accurate picture of someone who is under the hand of conviction. He wrote about the physical affect that guilt played on his body. But David did not allow it to stay that way. Instead he confessed all his sins to God and experienced what John was talking about in I John 1:8-9, “If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.” The result of David’s confession was the joy of knowing that all his guilt was gone. How about you? Are you burdened with some nagging issue that you need to talk to God about? Have you been consumed with bitterness, anger, fear or worry and God is saying that you need to repent of it? Is the guilt from being separated from God affecting your thinking, behavior and health? If so, repent. Confess to God and ask Him to cleanse you and set you free. He will forgive you. He will restore your body, mind and soul.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, you know how I can let things build up. Instead of dealing with issues in the way I should, I let them build up until they are sins festering in my soul and body. Show me today where I need to confess. Point out areas in my life that need forgiveness. Help me to live the life of freedom that you desire for me. Help me break free from this bondage of guilt. In Jesus name I pray. In Jesus Name ~Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.