Monday, March 22, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
Acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you.
1 Chronicles 28:9

And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.
Deuteronomy 4:29


TODAY’S THOUGHT
Have you ever felt like the famous U2 song, “And I still haven’t found what I’m looking for”? Is it possible that you have been looking in the wrong places? What are you seeking after? What is it that your heart desires? What does your soul seek? If it is fulfillment, if it is significance and meaning, then come to God and you will find what your soul thirsts for. Today’s passage promises that if you seek for God with all your heart and soul, He will be found. It is when you acknowledge that He is the God of your life and you serve Him with your whole heart that you will be able to find Him ever near. Today, seek Him. Open your heart and ask God to reveal Himself to you. Come to Jesus, admit your need, accept His gift of salvation and you will find His love to be more than enough, more than you will ever need.


TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, I admit how easy it is to take my eyes off of you. How easy to focus on temporal earthly matters and miss what really counts. You are what my heart has been searching for. You are all that I really need and I come now seeking you with my whole heart. Guide me, and lead me to a deeper understanding of your love and grace. In Jesus name ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.