Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Today's Devotional

TODAY’S VERSE
My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.
Proverbs 2:1-5
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you.” declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 29:12-14
TODAY’S THOUGHT
There is a mystery to knowing God. His love draws us to Him. God has made it abundantly clear that “whosoever will”, may come to Him. But this is the beginning not the end. If we are to follow Him, be His disciple, take knowing Him seriously, then He demands preeminence in our life. Solomon knew this. He prayed for Godly wisdom. He sought it more than anything else God could offer him and God gave it to Him. He says that it is the same for us. We must want to know God more than anything else. We need to “call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding”. He assures us that knowing God will come when we look for Him like we would look for silver and search for Him like we would search for hidden treasure. Jeremiah says it another way. He says that we will find God when seek Him with all our heart. How much have you wanted to know God? What treasure are you seeking? What has your heart sought after? If God is going to be a serious part of your life, if you are going to live in His wisdom, then you must make knowing Him a priority. God didn’t say we had to be smart, wise, rich, talented or gifted to know Him. The only requirement is desire. Turn your desire toward God. When you do, He promises, “I will be found by you.”

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, I admit I have let my desire wander. I have sought for fool’s gold. I have put other priorities ahead of knowing You. I come today and seek You with all my heart. Father, I yearn for Your wisdom. I desire to have understanding. I want to know You more than anything else. Teach me, guide me, lead me. I pray this in the precious name of Jesus ~Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.