Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Breath of Heaven, Breath of God

COME, SPIRIT, breath of God, breathe new life into me. Blow away the cobwebs in my mind: clear away the debris in my soul. Bring healing to my wounds and comfort to my grief. Refresh my spirit, set my feet to dancing, and set my heart ablaze. Wind of God, touch my life and open me to your direction.   ~Amen!

- Larry James Peacock

Openings: A Daybook of Saints, Psalms, and Prayer
From p. 143 of Openings: A Daybook of Saints, Psalms, and Prayer by Larry James Peacock. Copyright © 2003 by the author. http://www.upperroom.org/bookstore/.

This prayer just spoke volumes to my heart. Not a portion of it, but in its entirety. The cobwebs of my mind... the debris of my soul... healing to my wounds and comfort to my grief.  How could I have forgotten that only HE can know the depth of my pain, my sorrow?  Oh Wind of God, do touch my life and open me to your direction!

I have an interview today for a new position.  Please pray for God's will in this matter.  It is a promotional opportunity with advancement potential.  However, as much as I would welcome a new position, I don't want to go where God doesn't lead.

Thank you all!

Tamara

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tamara that prayer spoke volumes to me as well. I always try to go where God leads me. And when I am not sure where that is, I just wait it out and pray. I will be praying for the right answer for you tonight. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.