Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cha-cha-cha-changes!

Have you noticed how often I change the backgrounds to this blog?  I get it to a point then think perhaps I'll tweak it a bit, then end up scrapping the whole thing for something new.  I suppose it is a lot like dressing each day.  A different day, a different outfit.  For now, for this moment in time - I have selected Black & White!

In my line of work (state service) we have a number of policies and procedures.  They are to help guide us and to keep us from doing something that would cause embarrassment or even criminal charges.  There are a number of them and if placed end to end with the Bible, I'm sure it would exceed the number of words in the Word of God.  

Some people find the policies and procedures restrictive and consider them to be "suggestions" rather than what they were intended for.  I happen to like policy and procedure - everything in 'black & white' - no grey areas.  And it is available to all employees.

Like the Word of God, however, you have to read them to know them.  That is time consuming.  All too often we hear, "But I didn't know that was in policy!"  Does that excuse the infraction?  By no means.  Sometimes employees have even been dismissed due to the severity of their actions. 

The wonderful part of God's Word and work is Grace.  The marvelous Grace that that attends our soul.  That is not to say that we do not have to suffer the consequences of our actions or our non action.  It merely means that we can be forgiven and then covered with a mantel of Grace.  Grace, however, is no license for continued defiance against the Word of God.  This makes me think of the old hymn "Wonderful Grace of Jesus" which is now swirling about my head in four-part harmony!

Wonderful grace of Jesus,
Greater than all my sin;
How shall my tongue describe it,
Where shall its praise begin?
Taking away my burden,
Setting my spirit free;
For the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me.

Refrain

Wonderful the matchless grace of Jesus,
Deeper than the mighty rolling sea;
Wonderful grace, all sufficient for me, for even me.
Broader than the scope of my transgressions,
Greater far than all my sin and shame,
O magnify the precious Name of Jesus.
Praise His Name!

Wonderful grace of Jesus,
Reaching to all the lost,
By it I have been pardoned,
Saved to the uttermost,
Chains have been torn asunder,
Giving me liberty;
For the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me.

Refrain

Wonderful grace of Jesus,
Reaching the most defiled,
By its transforming power,
Making him God’s dear child,
Purchasing peace and heaven,
For all eternity;
And the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me.

Refrain
This hymn was written by Haldor Lillenas in 1918.

So there it is the reason I am in Black & White today.  And maybe for tomorrow, and the next day...

May your day be blessed,

Tamara


Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)
28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.