Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Milestone

Today is a milestone of sorts.

Five years ago today was the day of the heart attack.

I have not smoked a cigarette in that time. Some days I find I still miss the addiction.

I have also not been faithful in exercise and just generally moving about. That is changing. Slowly, surely, one foot in front of the other. It is changing. I joined a Women's Fitness Center. It is called Ms. Fit. Ms. Fit. The name just somehow seemed appropriate. I have become disgusted with my lack of discipline as it relates to my health, so it is time for a change.

One foot in front of the other...

Eating thoughtfully.

Eating better.

Eating healthier.

Not dieting, but eating with purpose and treating food like... well, fuel. Like nourishment. Like the valuable resource it is.

That's the plan.

One foot in front of the other...


Wishing you everyday grace,

Tamara
P.S. 1 Corinthians 6:19 (NASB)
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?