Wednesday, April 27, 2011

God's Steadfast Love

Paul wrote, "I am convinced that neither death nor life... nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  ~Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)
Today's devotional from the Upper Room was one that hit me right in the head and in the heart.  It was written by a mother who lost her adult son due to the lifestyle he was living and it described how he had walked away from the Lord.  This mother then related it to herself as a child of God's and how defiant she is at times.

The parallel she drew was poignant and dramatic and it was profoundly effective.  It hit me so very hard as we still have a son living at home.  He's 31, unemployed, and has a prison record.  He's never been married but has fathered two children from two different women... I could go on and on, but suffice it to say - after reading this woman's devotional there are a number of us who have family 'issues', don't we?  In my own anger I have raged at God about 'why? why? why?' and have been met with silence.  More often than not, that silence speaks so much louder than words.
 
The prayer focus of today's devotional was 'Defiant Children' and I suggest we do the same today, and pray for the Defiant Children and as well as for those who are compliant.
Abba, Father~ hear my prayer!  I ask that You cleanse me from my sin so that the words of my heart will be heard by You.
 
I lift up my son and all the sons and daughters who willfully turn from You and walk a path of dilliberant indifference.  Please Lord, draw them back unto You.  As scary as it is, at least for my own son, do what ever it takes to get his attention and devotion.
 
For those of us with compliant children - thank You!  May we never take them for granted, but seek to nuture them in an environment of love, faith and trust.   In Jesus name I pray ~AMEN!
because we're His,

Tamara
The Upper Room Devotionl

1 comment:

  1. My brother recently died at age 59, after leading a rebellious lifestyle. But is my turning away from the Lord's prompting to give to someone in need or to keep my mouth shut in an argument, any less rebellious, even though I serve Him?

    Thanks for this encouragement. I will pray for your son to see God's love and run toward Him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are a source of encouragement.